Showing dogs is wonderful, but it’s the breeding that I love. I've been breeding Old English Sheepdogs for three decades, and I love the joy that I help bring to so many families.
I have puppies occasionally. My breeding program is based on health, temperament, and beauty. All three are required to produce the highest quality Old English Sheepdog puppy.
- Both parents have had their hips and elbows x-rayed and certified by the OFA, (Orthopedic Foundation of America).
- Both parents have had their eyes examined and certified by a veterinary ophthalmologist.
- Each puppy comes with a health certificate from my veterinarian.
- I have special nutritional programs for my adult dogs, pregnant moms and growing dogs. Here is more information about how I keep my dogs extremely healthy.
- Pet quality puppies are $2400
(no breeding rights)
- Show quality puppies are $2800
(no breeding rights)
- Show quality puppies slated to be shown and bred with an unlimited registration will be co-owned by me.
- Please call 734-482-6864 so that I can learn more about you and your family.
- Many litters are sold before they are born. Therefore, I require a $450 non-refundable deposit to hold a puppy for you.
- Transportation is available through Delta Airlines out of Detroit Metro Airport. In addition to Delta travel fees, I require a $200 refundable crate deposit.
- I live in Southeastern Michigan near I-94 and US 23. I am easy to find.
Flying Your Puppy
Because my Ypsilanti, Michigan home is close to the Detroit Metro Airport, flying puppies out of state has not been a problem. I have found sending puppies with Delta Airlines to be a positive experience (they all "ooh" and "ahh" over the puppies and take very good care of them). The puppies are flown in a heated and pressurized environment. In fact, on some aircraft the crew rest-bunks are located in the lower deck cargo compartment. Your puppy could be napping right next to an off-duty crew member. Click here to learn more about flying puppies via Delta (pdf).
I will always be available for years and years to answer any and all of your questions. Grooming, feeding, health, training, showing, etc. After 30+ years with this lovely breed, I should know the answer. If I am stumped, I have a network of OES friends that I can go to.
- Grooming – I ask that those living close enough to me, return for a grooming lesson. It is loads of fun and there are lots of things to learn.
Even long time OES owners have commented on the new grooming techniques that they have learned.
Grooming workshops help OES owners to learn how to care for their pets, what grooming tools are best, and how to keep up a long coat as well as how to cut the fur short for the summer. Etc.
Please consider making your OES a Therapy Dog. After training, passing a test, and joining therapydogs.org, your OES will be ready to visit schools to have children improve their reading skills by reading to a dog that does not judge them, and ready to visit hospitals and nursing homes bringing smiles to the faces of everyone they meet. This breed is uniquely suited to be a Therapy Dog. First, they love everybody and make you feel like you are their new best friend, and they look like walking teddy bears and draw people to them like magnets.
Stay In Contact
Please stay in contact with me. Let me know how your puppy/dog is doing. I also LOVE pictures of your OES in everyday situations and with their families. A picture is truly worth a thousand words. I enjoy all the pictures that have been sent to me over the years and look forward to future pictures.
"At home with Betty & the gang"
* Member of the Old English Sheepdog Club of America and abide by its code of ethics.
* Member of the Old English Sheepdog Owners Club of Canada.
If interested in more information ....
call Betty Ditzik (Rhoad) at 734-482-6864 or
email at firstname.lastname@example.org
(I check email every day and I also welcome your telephone calls.)