Showing dogs is wonderful, but it’s the breeding that I love. I've been breeding Old English Sheepdogs for three decades, and I love the joy that I help bring to so many families.
I have puppies occasionally. My breeding program is based on health, temperament, and beauty. All three are required to produce the highest quality Old English Sheepdog puppy.
- Both parents have had their hips and elbows x-rayed and certified by the OFA, (Orthopedic Foundation of America).
- Each puppy comes with a health certificate from my veterinarian.
- I have special nutritional programs for my adult dogs, pregnant moms and growing dogs. Here is more information about how I keep my dogs extremely healthy.
- Pet quality puppies are $3,000
(no breeding rights)
- Show quality puppies are $3,400
(no breeding rights)
- Show quality puppies slated to be shown and bred with an unlimited registration will be co-owned by me.
- Please call 734-482-6864 so that I can learn more about you and your family.
- Many litters are sold before they are born. Therefore, I require a $500 non-refundable deposit to hold a puppy for you.
- I live in Southeastern Michigan near I-94 and US 23. I am easy to find.
Picking Up Your Puppy
- You can pick up your puppy at my home in Ypsilanti, Michigan.
- Because my Ypsilanti, Michigan home is close to the Detroit Metro Airport, many people fly in, pick up their puppy, and fly back with the puppy with them in the cabin of the plane. We can even bring your puppy to meet you at the airport.
- Some people fly their own private airplanes to Willow Run Airport to pick up their puppies.
I will always be available for years and years to answer any and all of your questions. Grooming, feeding, health, training, showing, etc. After 30+ years with this lovely breed, I should know the answer. If I am stumped, I have a network of OES friends that I can go to.
Please consider making your OES a Therapy Dog. After training, passing a test, and joining therapydogs.org, your OES will be ready to visit schools to have children improve their reading skills by reading to a dog that does not judge them, and ready to visit hospitals and nursing homes bringing smiles to the faces of everyone they meet. This breed is uniquely suited to be a Therapy Dog. First, they love everybody and make you feel like you are their new best friend, and they look like walking teddy bears and draw people to them like magnets.
Stay In Contact
Please stay in contact with me. Let me know how your puppy/dog is doing. I also LOVE pictures of your OES in everyday situations and with their families. A picture is truly worth a thousand words. I enjoy all the pictures that have been sent to me over the years and look forward to future pictures.
"At home with Betty & the gang"
* Member of the Old English Sheepdog Club of America and abide by its code of ethics.
* Member of the Old English Sheepdog Owners Club of Canada.
If interested in more information ....
call Betty Ditzik (Rhoad) at 734-482-6864 or
email at email@example.com
(I check email every day and I also welcome your telephone calls.)